For today’s interview, we will be talking with Schnee’s master gunsmith, Chase Fisher.
I walked in to hand out business cards and Jon, the owner, offered me a job. Been here building rifles ever since.
2. How long have you lived in Bozeman?
I live in Belgrade, a small town just west of Bozeman, for the past 3 years now.
3. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes or boots that you like to wear?
I love hunting in my 10″ Hunter II pac boots.
4. What about apparel? Any Schnee’s apparel that you like?
I really like the Schnee’s Mountain Cloth Field Shirt. Its comfortable, functional, and a pretty good looking shirt
5. How long have you been a gunsmith?
Professionally for over 3 years now.
6. How did you get your training?
I graduated from the Colorado School of Trades Gunsmithing Program with an Associate’s Degree in Occupational Studies.
7. What rifles etc do you own, what’s your favorite?
I have an old Remington 788 in .44 Magnum which I killed my first deer with, that one is my favorite.
8. In your opinion, what is the one caliber suitable for all North American game?
.30-06 across the board but if you’re a good handloader and marksman you can use a .270 on anything.
9. What is your favorite animal to hunt?
Whitetail, because they eat good.
10. What is the longest shot you have taken at the range? In the field?
On a range, 1,200 yards. In the field 375 yards.